Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 175
Position Title: Accountant
Position Type: Full Time
Rack Room Shoes is seeking a Staff Accountant to be a part of our Accounting Team.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing and reviewing various financial reports; budgeting and forecasting; detailed expense analysis; account reconciliations; month-end closing procedures; and collect pertinent information for third party audits.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare and review various financial reports
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Prepare ad hoc financial analyses as requested by company management
- Develop and maintain department budgets and forecasts
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Perform month-end closing procedures
- Identify areas for process streamlining, improvement & provide analysis to improve business
- Project collaboration and information support across departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Excel
- Oracle Financials experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize them and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ensure the confidentiality of Rack Room’s financial and proprietary information
What kind of individual are we looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on accounting, finance, and leading and emerging websites about modern technologies and practices.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things accounting. They care deeply about not only doing a job well but doing it right. They care about accuracy in numbers and if their processes benefit the company.
- People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but follow leaders in the field about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of forward-thinking, smart problem solvers who are looking for the latest and greatest ways to make accounting accurate and encourages personal and professional growth ... Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the small but growing Accounting and Finance team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to be the premier accounting and finance team that provides innovative and value added solutions for our company. We are looking for a new member to join our passionate team.
· A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink!
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Accountant
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.