Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 360
Position Title: Architect
Position Type: Full Time
The primary purpose of the Architect position is to handle assigned architecture related projects for both Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. The responsibility would include the architecture, engineering, permitting, and space planning of new store projects as wells as planning for renovations of existing stores from conception through permitting. The position requires strong communication and presentation skills for senior management. Exemplary project management and related technical skills required.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Design and plan store layouts.
- Code research for the proposed location.
- Communicate with the landlords and vendors.
- Prepare detail space plan and capacity reports for assigned new stores and renovation projects for all division projects.
- Manage external Architects.
- Ability to read, understand, negotiate, and implement lease and contract terms.
- Interface with Store Operations, Construction and Merchandising on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Request, review, and approve fee proposals for Architects.
- Coordinate with design and architectural firms to ensure plan objectives are met.
- Provide guidance to external Architects on the brand’s criteria standards for plans and specifications.
- Interface with senior management to establish plan and design criteria.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure projects are within budget constraints.
- Supervise and review construction documents drawings, as well as checking plans for national, state and local code compliance.
- Perform various administrative duties including file management, plan distribution and printing.
- Must have experience as a project architect for an Architecture/ Design firm or equivalent.
- Construction Administration and Project Management skills are a plus.
- Strong computer skills in AutoCad, Revit, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to defend company interests in design negotiation with outside organization.
- Manage projects within time and budget.
- Ability to adjust under pressure in all circumstances.
- Very organized, creative, efficient, flexible, results-oriented and able to work well within a team.
- Must be able to provide direction to and make decisions on design related issues with Real Estate, Construction, Architecture and staff.
- Must have strong written/ oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast pace environment on multi-priorities.
What kind of individual are we looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on best practices, law, and leading/emerging websites about modern technologies and practices.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things constuction. They care deeply about not only doing a job well, but doing it right. They care about creating lasting relationships with vendors.
- People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but they follow leaders in the field about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of forward-thinking, compassionate, problem solvers who are looking for the optimal union between business and people... Sound appealing now? How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the small but growing Store Construction/Design team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. We are looking for a new member to join our passionate team.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New work spaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink!
Location Description: Headquarters
Location_Address1: 8310 Technology Drive
Community / Marketing Title: Architect
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.