Customer Engagement Specialist
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 325
Position Title: Customer Engagement Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
The Customer Engagement Specialist will be responsible for the execution of marketing communications in support of company and business unit objectives. This includes ownership of the setup, deployment, and maintenance of reoccurring and triggered communications that include but are not limited to email, SMS, and push. Additionally, this individual maintains a current understanding of marketing best practices and applies them to the execution of our campaigns in collaboration with the CRM team. The ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, strategic, self-motivated, able to build relationships cross-functionally and have experience working in a fast-paced organization.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Stays abreast of and recommends email marketing best practices with design and testing of email campaigns to the CRM team
- Introducing those findings and developments to the CRM team, that we can optimize our materials and channels
- Following results of the email flow, analyzing those and singling what brings input or not
- Execute the day-to-day customer engagement operations e.g. segmentation, traffic projections, QA weekly communications (automations, journeys, SMS, pushes etc.)
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required
- Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and minimum 3 years of html design experience for email deployment
- 1 year of Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is preferred
- 1 year of hands-on experience in campaign building and list selection is preferred
- Able to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving marketing communication technical issues
What kind of individual are we looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on design, techniques, and tools, and leading and emerging websites about modern web technologies.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things digital. They care deeply about not only doing a job well, but doing it right. They care if they are connecting shoppers to the right products, if their customers are engaged while on the website, and if they are converting and retaining loyal customers - and they view it as almost a personal affront when they aren’t.
- People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but follow leaders in the field about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of forward-thinking, smart problem solvers who are looking for an optimal union of eCommerce and in-store interactions... Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the small but growing Omni-Channel team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to push the boundaries between eCommerce and brick and mortar retail stores. We want to blur the lines between how people interact online and in-store, and we are looking for a new member to join our passionate team.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink!
Location Description: Headquarters
Location_Address1: 8310 Technology Drive
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Engagement Specialist
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.