Director of Digital Marketing
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Division: Rack Room/Off Broadway Shoe Corporate Inc.
Job Title: Director Digital Marketing
Accountability: Reports to CMO
The Director of Digital Marketing will oversee the development, execution, and evolution of the organization’s digital marketing strategy to drive audience and visitor growth and engagement across social, email and web properties. They will have proven experience in developing strategies that expand and diversify audience, drive merchandise sales, and strengthen customer loyalty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Digital Marketing Strategy and Leadership
- Utilize leadership, digital marketing and eCommerce expertise to supervise a team of professionals. Support a culture of teamwork, learning, innovation, inclusion and accountability. Coach and inspire direct reports to achieve professional developmental goals.
- Develop a comprehensive digital marketing plan that defines priorities, key activities, and objectives to support organization-wide goals. Lead team to ensure successful implementation and execution of the strategic plan to strengthen audience acquisition and conversion strategies across all channels.
- Work directly with Marketing and Brand Strategy to develop and measure marketing initiatives, promotions, and campaigns, adjusting tactics as needed to reach targets and objectives.
- Work in close collaboration with the ecommerce team, IT, graphic design, project management and development to bring strategic marketing campaigns to fruition.
- Work closely with the Marketing Project Manager to ensure project timelines are defined and schedules are met.
- Control budgets and allocate resources among projects.
- Supervise the Digital Marketing Manager in daily responsibilities including the creation and execution of advertising campaigns and updating digital properties.
- Create an integrated digital analytics framework, with the goal of providing visibility into the customer journey and consolidation of analytic platforms. Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to analyze performance of digital marketing properties and identify areas of optimization, developing both strategic and tactical recommendations, including SEO.
- Guide the email team in developing and analyzing email marketing metrics and audience segmentation.
- Develop and manage marketing automation campaigns from concept to execution.
- Utilize Google Analytics, Salesforce Experience and social media analytics to assess ROI of online channels to inform future strategy and drive increases in channel KPIs.
- Manage organization’s AdWords account and campaigns.
- Nurture and support a caring, results-oriented culture that embraces personal responsibility, performance, and quality.
- Exemplify the Rack Room Shoes core values with others to advance the organization’s mission.
- 5+ years digital marketing and eCommerce experience in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience.
- Strong management experience, with proven ability to set clear expectations, and provide coaching, motivation, recognition, and accountability.
- Proven success at developing digital marketing tactics driven by analytics to achieve specific and measurable goals.
- Expertise in Google Analytics, Google AdWords and business intelligence tools.
- Demonstrable experience leading marketing automation campaigns.
- Thorough understanding of eCommerce marketing, including search engine optimization, keyword bidding and online tracking systems.
- Highly organized and proactive, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time and deliver within deadlines.
- Solid understanding of relevant KPIs along with the tools needed to measure and analyze campaign performance. Strong analytical skills are essential.
- Dedication to maximizing opportunities for access, diversity, and inclusion within the digital marketing environment.
- Optimize each stage of our demand generation and customer journey touchpoints through data analysis across paid, owned and earned marketing channels in order to provide best in class end-to-end digital experiences.
- Brainstorm, validate, test and refine customer acquisition initiatives utilizing A/B split testing to ensure ongoing improvements.
- Provides guidance to internal Marketing and Creative Services teams on development of effective creative from analyses of previous campaigns.
- Conduct regular and thorough analyses of top performing vendors, targeting, and creative. Compile weekly/monthly reports summarizing performance across agencies and channels for the marketing team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills; Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Detail oriented self-starter, proficient at managing multiple tasks at once and able to self-prioritize workload.
- Experience developing media plans, traffic sheets and media reports.
- Excellent understanding of digital media planning, implementation and optimizations.
- Articulate and can craft compelling media presentations and analyses, presenting these recommendations/findings to internal teams and executive leadership.
- Experience leveraging analytics to draw conclusions and influence existing and future media plans & creative executions.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills to work closely with and build relationships with internal Marketing and Creative teams as well as external agencies.
- Ability to work with multiple size budgets; Quick-thinking, creative, hands-on, stress-tolerant, problem-solver.
- Passion for the digital landscape (mobile, video, social, programmatic, email, web, etc.)
- Balance of a great creative eye with being detail oriented and comfortable with analytics
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. The primary location of this position is a typical office environment. However, the responsibilities may require being energetic, motivated, meetings, conferences and limited travel required.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Safety Security: Employees must follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure an accident-free workplace.
- Rack Room Shoes/ Off Broadway Shoes is an equal opportunity employer that value diversity at all levels (EOE).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: the employee must regularly require to lift and/or move up to 5-10lbs, sit and write to operate a computer and printer, fax machine, photocopier, calculator and use of telephone communication devices, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Off Broadway/Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Off Broadway/Rack Room Shoes follows applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Store Number: HQ
8310 Technology Drive
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Charlotte, North Carolina US
Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.