Total Rewards Manager
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 2187
Position Title: Total Rewards Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Rack Room Shoes, a national footwear retailer headquartered in Charlotte, NC (University Area) is seeking a Total Rewards Manager. The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage all employee benefits, including the 401(k) plan, health care, life and disability insurance, and workers’ compensation as well as managing the compensation policies/practices for the company. Management includes plan design, legal compliance, and administration.
- Manage full cycle benefit process of medical (to include ACA compliance), prescription, dental, flexible spending, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, COBRA, EAP, risk policies, 401(k) and non-qualified compensation plans for 6,000 employees nationwide
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of two benefits professionals in accomplishing goals associated with the benefits function and its objectives
- Lead the development of full-cycle communication plans to inform prospective and current employees about benefits and wellness within the total rewards framework by preparing announcement material, booklets and other media for communicating
- Responsible for planning, designing and directing the implementation of new, improved and cost-effective benefit plans
- Oversee the compensation design and management to ensure that our total compensation package is competitive and allows us to attract and retain talent.
- Additional duties assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are necessary to interact with varying levels of employees
- Demonstrated experience in benefits administration, leave administration (including ADA, Short and Long-Term Disability, and personal leaves of absence)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and recommend cost reduction strategies for benefits programs and reducing Workers Compensation spend.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, including demonstrated ability for testing strategies for technical implementations
- Prior experience in the development of government and other standard annual and periodic benefits reporting (i.e. 5500 report, etc.)
What kind of individual are we looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on HR best practices, employment law, and usability, and leading and emerging websites about modern technologies and practices.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things total rewards. They care deeply about not only doing a job well but doing it right. They care about creating lasting relationships, if their processes and practices benefit both the employee and the company, if they are in compliance with current and new laws and legislation- and they view it as almost a personal affront when it isn’t.
- People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but they follow leaders in the field about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
The preferred candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or related field
- Five or more years’ experience in benefits administration and benefits management
- An in-depth understanding of Company policies, procedures and operations, and of the benefits function
- Familiarity with Ceridian Dayforce and Oracle HRIS applications
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of forward-thinking, compassionate, problem solvers who are looking for the optimal union between business and people... Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the small but growing Human Resources team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to promote and enable a balance between the needs of our company and the needs of our people, and we are looking for a new member to join our passionate team.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New work spaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink
Store Number: HQ
Location Description: Headquarters
Location_Address1: 8310 Technology Drive
Community / Marketing Title: Total Rewards Manager
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.