Customer Insights Analyst
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 157
Position Title: Customer Insights Analyst
Position Type: Full Time
Division: Rack Room Shoe Corporate Inc.
Job Title: Customer Insights Analyst
Accountability: Reports to Omni Channel Director
The Customer Insights Analyst is a unique position that utilizes different methods of data mining and analysis to develop insights to points of interaction between the customer and the company to enhance customer experience with company services and products. This high energy person will help the organization better visualize what it feels like to be a customer, and provide guidance on how those experiences could be improved and differentiated. This position will have the opportunity to bring a new function to life for DS and shape what our customer-centric future looks like.
This person will build and maintain internal and external relationships that help analyze, manage, and deliver a premium customer experience. This role will build and iterate strategic and actionable enterprise reporting to integrate CX KPIs into traditional business metrics across Product, Marketing, Operations, and Digital groups to deliver a premium omni-channel customer experience. The position will serve as the voice of the Customer to all aspects of the business and provide recommendations to ensure the needs of the customer are met and exceeded.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Focuses on increasing company revenues through optimization of the Customer Experience through any touchpoint/channel.
- Weaves a coherent customer narrative across multiple sales channels and data sources, using analysis to make recommendations for improvements to product, pricing, and operations based on findings
- Acts as the lead practitioner for all Customer Experience work for the company, performing all activities and managing 3rd parties when needed in conducting experience research, tests and optimization tactics across all channels for both internal and external customers.
- Reports to Omni Channel division and interacts with Operations, IT, Marketing and Product teams to conduct research, testing, and optimization of any existing and/or new channels/touchpoints.
- Identify trends in retail/e-commerce, social media and user design. Incorporate contemporary practices and communicate through team guidance and team development activities.
- Present findings and visualize data to a wide range of stakeholders. Partner with internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis through strong storytelling capabilities to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Inspire new thinking and creativity in approach to solving internal and external customer needs.
- Represent the voice of customer in all interactions with the brands.
- Define and monitor search and display KPIs on a daily basis to quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or take corrective actions.
- Maintain an understanding of defined Customer Experience principles and reflect this in business recommendations.
- Help Develop/Ensure Process working with Marketing and the Web Design/Development teams to develop processes around the three types of CX project that teams will be working on. i.e. – Marketing Calendar Production, Seasonal/Event Updates and New Innovations.
- Degree in Marketing, Statistics, or similar experience in an analytical field with a passion for number crunching and logical problem solving.
- Understand and integrate Customer Experience (CX) in agile development processes; define, shape, and communicate CX Optimization strategy.
- Experience in site optimization including User Acceptance Testing, multivariate, A/B testing and conversion funnel optimization.
- Experience in analytics/reporting suites like Omniture, CoreMetrics, and/or Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Oracle.
- Highly experienced in Microstrategy (preferred) or similar data visualization tool.
- Highly detail-oriented and strong project management skills a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with people of various technical proficiency in an organization where Customer Experience is a new and expanding aspect of the business.
What kind of individual are we looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on design, techniques, and tolls, and leading and emerging websites about modern web technologies.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things digital. They care deeply about not only doing a job well, but doing it right. They care if they are connecting shoppers to the right products, if their customers are engaged while on the website, and if they are converting and retaining loyal customers - and they view it as almost a personal affront when they aren’t.
- People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but follow leaders in the field about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of forward-thinking, smart problem solvers who are looking for an optimal union of eCommerce and in-store interactions... Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the small but growing Omni-Channel team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to push the boundaries between eCommerce and brick and mortar retail stores. We want to blur the lines between how people interact online and in-store, and we are looking for a new member to join our passionate team.
- A mobile device library for testing, and… well, for fun.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink!
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Insights Analyst
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.