Network Services Manager
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 206
Position Title: Network Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Network Services Manager directs the delivery of network services to agreed service levels.
The role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. Manage people (internal staff and external contractors) and suppliers of network services and supports the skills development of people in their team. The Network Services Manager is responsible for IT infrastructure activities including network management (cabling, wireless, wired LANs, WANs, routers, switches and telephone); security/ disaster recovery and business continuity.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Manages a team of staff including Network administrators and Network Engineers. Support including hiring, training, evaluating and disciplining. Guide and provide work direction to Network staff, contract staff and/or desktop support employees. Approve appropriate scheduling for coverage of all hours of operation.
- Selecting and recommending appropriate network hardware and software to facilitate the growth of Rack Room Shoes
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Provide direction for the management of the Corporate, Store, hosted, and cloud based networks.
- Provide a sound hybrid cloud network strategy to allow applications and systems to live in the most appropriate environment.
- Recommending and adhering to IT Budgets so that they align with business objectives
- Ensure software is properly licensed and maintained
- Scheduling network changes and upgrades
- Testing and modifying networks to ensure that that they operate reliably
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Develops policies to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Security Task Force member responsible for PCI compliance, external PCI scans and internal vulnerability scans.
- Provide necessary backup and restoration of network routers, switches and network support systems.
- Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for Corporate and Store Networks
- Providing support team training, advice and feedback
- Provides “ownership” of problem thru final resolution.
- Stays current with technological developments in Network Design and recommends ways for RRS to take advantage of new technologies.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- 5 years successful leadership of an infrastructure team.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL, SAN, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems.
- Effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex network system design activities and to configure network systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures;
- Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional Network certification is a plus
What kind of individual are we looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on design, techniques, and tools, and leading and emerging websites about modern technologies.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things technical. They care deeply about not only doing a job well, but doing it right.
- People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but follow leaders in the field about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of forward-thinking, smart problem solvers who are looking for an optimal union of technology and communication... Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the small but growing Information Technology team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to provide excellent infrastructure, support, and innovation to achieve the best outcomes for our team members to provide exceptional service. We are looking for a new member to join our passionate team.
- A mobile device library for testing, and… well, for fun.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink!
Location Description: Headquarters
Location_Address1: 8310 Technology Drive
Community / Marketing Title: Network Services Manager
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.