Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Rack Room Shoes is seeking a Buying Coordinator to join our in-house team. This position’s primary responsibility is entering and maintaining purchase orders including SKU generation and UPC downloads and associations.
The ideal candidate should come with previous merchandising office experience or retail experience creating stock reports and invoices, communicating with vendors, working with merchandisers to support sales plans, and maintaining all tracking documents.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Managing and cataloging photography samples for our Buying/Merchandising team.
- Communicate professionally and efficiently with vendor partners on Purchase Order request and statuses.
- Create and issue stock reports, orders and invoices.
- Securing and sharing the new line form for every new product company launch.
- Maintain all Buying tracking documents required and ensure information is complete and accurate (i.e. new brand tracking, contract summary, sampling, and promotional product planning).
- Partner with warehouse(s) and cross-functional partners to manage new receipts and help resolve any product issues with vendors.
- Communicate with vendors and internal business partners to track PO’s for on-time arrival
- Partner with merchandising team with retail assortment plans.
- Assist with pulling sales data for key meetings such as weekly business reviews, monthly forecasting, quarterly Investment Review.
- Participate in seasonal markets and assist where necessary.
- Manage incoming and outgoing product samples, pull samples for meetings.
- Education/Experience: BA/BS degree; at least 1-2 years of merchandising office experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic retail math.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) and Oracle system.
- Creative problem solver
- Team player who works effectively with others to accomplish goals
- Thrive in a feedback driven environment and are eager to utilize feedback and developing skills, both personally and professionally.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure an accident-free workplace.
What kind of individual are you looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on design, fashion, and shoes, and leading and emerging websites about industry trends.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things buying. They care deeply about not only doing a job well but doing it right. They care if their tracking documentation is complete and accurate, if they are building relationships with vendors, and if they are successfully resolving product issues.
- People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but follow leaders in the field about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of forward-thinking, smart problem solvers who are looking to provide the best and trendiest products for their customers... Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the large and growing Buying team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to provide the highest quality and most fashionable shoes at the best prices. We are always looking to the future for the next biggest trend and what new products will excite shoppers.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbuck’s coffee you can drink!
Store Number: HQ
8310 Technology Drive
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Charlotte, North Carolina US
Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.