eComm Systems Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Summary of Job:
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation of systems, infrastructure and middleware in the Google cloud eCommerce environment. Provide the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical eCommerce enterprise systems and infrastructure. Serves as a technical expert in the area of GCP ecommerce system administration for complex operating systems and middleware. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department. Performs technical supervision of administrative staff and developers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the RRS cloud computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and patching. Ensures that records of system downtime and server inventories are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system OS and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities. Use GCP management consoles to manage virtual components and configurations.
- Supervises Administrative staff and developers including training, evaluating and recommending improvements. May guide or provide work direction to technical staff, operational staff, contract staff and/or application support employees. Determines appropriate scheduling for coverage of all hours of operation.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes, maintains and manages users accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the virtual computer operating systems, storage, disk, images and snapshots.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical cloud computing resources.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems, storage, databases and host-based applications
- Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for Dev / Opps using Attlassian tools.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for RRS to take advantage of new technology.
Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of: Google Cloud platform administration: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Linux and Windows system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification is a plus
Store Number: HQ
8310 Technology Drive
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Charlotte, North Carolina US
Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.