Assistant Manager - 2nd
Location: Albemarle, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 2112
Position Title: AsstMgr2
Position Type: Full Time
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Manager assists the Store manager in managing all day to day store operations, while ensuring that compliance exists with all established company policies and procedures. Provides leadership, guidance and training to the store staff via direction from the Store Manager. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will assume total responsibility for all store operations. Consistently strives to meet and exceed all established sales, service and operational objectives.
Duties and Responsibility
- Primary responsibility is the safety and welfare of employees and customers.
- Create, establish and maintain an excellent customer shopping experience.
Maintain and reinforce current service level standards.
Provide service training and leadership to staff members.
Manage customer issues with a sense of urgency and to the satisfaction of our customer.
- All POS terminal transactions in accordance with policy and procedure
Sales, Discounts and Refunds
- Inventory Control responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Shipping and Receiving
Price Management (Price Changes, Markdowns etc.)
Conducting a Physical Inventory
- Sales Floor Merchandising and Visual Presentation responsibilities to include adherence to company standards:
Sales floor maintenance and housekeeping
Promotional event directions, materials and signage
- Payroll Control responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Payroll budget compliance
Time and Attendance
- Training and Development of direct reports, responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Utilization of all available training tools
Consistent reinforcement of operational standards
- Loss Prevention responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to the protection and control of all Company assets.
- Work towards a complete understanding of managing all day to day operations.
Principal Working Relationships
Customers, Sales Associates, Store Management, District/Regional Managers, Store Operations and Training Personnel.
An approved background check
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Managerial and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal skills necessary for customer and employee interactions
Strong visual merchandising skills
Working knowledge of footwear, accessories and shoe care.
Basic mathematical skills
Knowledge of Corporate and Store Operations policies and procedures
A complete understanding of the standards of Store Presentation and strong visual merchandising skills.
Store Number: 700
Location Description: RACK ROOM SHOES 700
Location_Address1: Olive Place Shopping Center
Location_Address2: 774 Leonard Avenue
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Manager - 2nd
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Albemarle, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.