Senior Graphic Designer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 179
Position Title: Graphic Designer - Sr
Position Type: Full Time
Rack Room Shoes is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our in-house team. This position is responsible for implementing the brand promise and message in a consistent manner across all vehicles of communication. Demonstrates the ability to convert creative strategy and marketing goals into compelling design.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Responsible for creating solid design solutions and develop highly creative materials that represent the brand and effectively promote the company’s diverse product offerings and programs
- Responsible for keeping up to date on creative and marketing trends with an expertise in pre-press/print production and web design
- Collaborate with marketing communications team to conceptualize and execute designs that support products, product launches, promotions, advertising, direct mail, corporate brand initiatives and events
- Assist in the development of creative concepts for advertising programs that accurately represent the brand and product segments
- Work cross-functionally to understand project requirements, deadlines and messaging objectives in order to create marketing materials that are on-brand, on-target, on-budget and on-time
- Work with production project manager to determine appropriate vendors and quotes to execute printed and promotional materials
- Art direct photo shoots for internal corporate communications
- Should be comfortable presenting a range of work— that shows a thoughtful approach to strategy— to managers and peers. Should be prepared to field questions about the creative and receive feedback, then work this in to deliver a strategically sound final piece
- Maintain on-going creative and project requests and prioritize jobs with production and project managers
- Minimum 7-10 years of graphic design experience
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in fine arts or other related fields; or combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Creative Suite 2019
- Strong conceptual ability and expertise in layout, design and production management
- Proficient computer skills: ability to use all relevant graphics software on a MAC
- Quickly grasp the brand aesthetic and work within corporate and retailer style guides
- Develop layouts for multi-layered marketing campaigns
- Self-initiative and motivation to manage area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills
What kind of individual are you looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on design, marketing, and content, and leading and emerging websites about modern marketing tactics.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things marketing. They care deeply about not only doing a job well but doing it right. They care about the product and the customers, they care if their content is relevant to the product and goal of the marketing plan, and they care about their team, their progress, and their goals.
- Hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but follow leaders about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of creative, smart, problem solvers who are always looking for their next challenge… Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the passionate and growing Marketing team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to create beautiful and innovative marketing plans that build and nurture customer loyalty while showcasing who we are and what we value as a company. We are a group of creative go-getters who love what we do and we are looking for a new member to join our team.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink!
Store Number: HQ
Location Description: Headquarters
Location_Address1: 8310 Technology Drive
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Graphic Designer
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.