Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 1766
Position Title: Hybris Architect
Position Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate should come with previous experience as a Solution Architect or similar project leadership role developing and operating consumer facing websites with other mid to large B2C or B2B eCommerce sites built on SAP Hybris versions 6.0+. The ideal candidate should have some degree of familiarity with ready-to-wear brands and products, such as shoes and handbags, or other consumer goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with business teams to prepare the long term e-commerce strategic plans and implement them in the e-commerce architecture
- Prepare the standards and guidelines for technical design based on various business goals and specific inputs from the clients
- Work with the infrastructure team to undertake and lead the development, maintenance, and governance of the e-commerce application and architecture
- Implement/recommend necessary changes in the e-commerce architecture and/or application in pre-production environments and work for its efficient functioning, revenue generation, and cost savings
- Review deliverables from the e-commerce development team (both local and global) and see to it that tasks are completed according to the architecture designed
- Assures platform performance by ongoing application and network monitoring and performance testing as needed
- Assures continuous advancement of development techniques and methods by engaging in the web development community and sharing learnings with the production development team
- Maintains a mastery over Hybris eCommerce technologies
- Utilizes user experience methods, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization and problem solving skills to create solutions for our users and opportunities for our business.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
We are looking for a self-motivated, open-minded team member who has a strong background in (and passion for) eCommerce technologies and strategies. Ideally this person would encompass most (if not all) of these points:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal as well as written
- Expert knowledge (3+ years) about the SAP Hybris eCommerce platform versions 6.0 +
- Expert knowledge about various web technologies including but not limited to:
- Spring/Spring MVC
- Google Cloud Platform
- RESTful API’s and SOAP based web services
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring systems like Dynatrace (preferred), New Relic or AppDynamics
- Experienced supervisor and project leader using agile development methodologies. Must be able to execute e-commerce projects with a global and local team.
- Experience with Cloud Platform Admin (GCP preferred) functionality and capabilities.
- Expert organizational and management skills
- Expert time management skills and ability to complete the given tasks in the allocated time frame
- Ability to multitask and handle several projects simultaneously, under deadline
- A self-starter that can hit the ground running, shows initiative, but isn't afraid to ask for direction and work with the team
The work environment includes typical computer related noise with exposure to computer hardware and video screens. It is fast paced with production issues dictating and changing work priorities. Incumbent is on call to provide support services during off hours. You must be energetic and self-motivated.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and honorably; Upholds organizational values.
- Safety Security: Employees must follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure an accident-free workplace.
- Rack Room Shoes/ Off Broadway Shoes is an equal opportunity employer that value diversity at all levels (EOE).
- A mobile device library for testing, and… well, for fun.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbuck’s coffee you can drink!
Store Number: HQ
Location Description: Headquarters
Location_Address1: 8310 Technology Drive
Community / Marketing Title: Hybris Architect
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.