Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 169
Position Title: Copywriter
Position Type: Full Time
Rack Room/Off Broadway Shoes is seeking a Copywriter to join our Creative team. This position's primary responsibilities will be dedicated to partnering with the marketing, merchandising and e-commerce teams on writing product descriptions for the ecommerce site in a consistent brand right voice. Additional responsibilities could include developing copy for home pages, email blasts and/or other marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate should have some degree of familiarity with fashion and ready-to-wear brands and products, such as shoes and handbags and how to properly relay their features and benefits in copy form for both e-commerce and marketing purposes.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Researches, writes and edits product descriptions for a broad range of products including but not limited to Women’s, Men’s, and Kids shoes, boots, sandals and accessories.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Interactive Designer and Customer Experience to develop a variety of content marketing materials, including blog, web and/or e-mail Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines: to ensure consistency of the company’s tone of voice, key messages and editorial style.
- Support Brand Manager to monitor social channels and actively engage with followers.
- Create a direct line of communication with people who write reviews, ask questions or comment on e-commerce and/or on social media.
- Proofreads and edits content to ensure grammatical accuracy, consistent style and adherence to SEO best practices.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to ensure business needs are met.
- Effectively Balances speed, efficiency and accuracy in fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communication preferred; 1-2 years of relevant retail experience
- Knowledge in fashion accessories with the ability to balance artistic, fashion, technical, marketing, merchandising and business need appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal skills (English/Spanish speaking)
- Understanding of SEO concepts preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Communicator and Outlook)
What kind of individual are you looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on design, marketing, and content, and leading and emerging websites about modern marketing tactics.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things marketing. They care deeply about not only doing a job well but doing it right. They care about the product and the customers, they care if their content is relevant to the product and goal of the marketing plan, and they care about their team, their progress, and their goals.
- Hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but follow leaders about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of creative, smart, problem solvers who are always looking for their next challenge… Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the passionate and growing Marketing team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to create beautiful and innovative marketing plans that build and nurture customer loyalty while showcasing who we are and what we value as a company. We are a group of creative go-getters who love what we do and we are looking for a new member to join our team.
- A mobile device library for testing, and… well, for fun.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink!
Community / Marketing Title: Copywriter
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.