This policy explains what information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it, how we use that information, and how to access and update that information.
Types of information we collect
This Policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by Rack Room Shoes, Inc., its subsidiaries and its affiliates (collectively, “Rack Room” or “we”) during the application or recruitment process including the following:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position for which you are applying
- Information confirming your eligibility to work in the United States, as applicable, including your citizenship and/or immigration status
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third party
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Rack Room and/or any previous employment history with Rack Room.
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by Rack Room for the purposes of creating communities to keep you up to date with opportunities in our different departments and carrying out our application and recruitment process which includes the following:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Rack Room
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable
- Meeting accommodation requirements in accordance with applicable human rights legislation
- When requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit (as required)
- Making improvements to Rack Room application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of Rack Room, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law. It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to Rack Room.
If you are offered and accept employment with Rack Room, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who may have access to your information
Your information may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries, including in the U.S. and in other jurisdictions in which Rack Room now or in the future does business.
If you have been referred for a job at Rack Room by a current Rack Room employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the Rack Room employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current Rack Room employee, we may disclose that information while consulting with that employee for feedback to you.
We may also use service providers acting on Rack Room’s behalf to perform some of the services described above, including for the purposes of information verification and/or background checks (where applicable).
We may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local authorities, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
If Rack Room undertakes or is involved in any merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or insolvency event, then Rack Room may sell, transfer, or share some or all of our assets, including your information, in connection with such transaction or in contemplation of such transaction.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our applicants that we combine so that it no longer identifies or references an individual applicant) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, and other business purposes.
We will also share your personal information with third parties if we have your consent, or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Rack Room, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
Rack Room takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
Updating your information
Rack Room may retain your information to consider you for other jobs at Rack Room in which you may be interested in the future. If you do not want us to retain your information, or want us to update it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that some information may be retained if required by law.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this Policy on this page. Each version of this Policy is identified at the top of the first page by its effective date.